


My new favorite time of the day is Camden's bedtime. Not for the peace and quite like you might think, but to enjoy the blessing that we have every night. At night I am in charge of changing his diaper, putting on his PJ's, and giving him his last bottle. A task that I have grown to love. It is a little piece of heaven every night. We sit in his rocking chair while he eats and he usually falls asleep near the end of the bottle. I will rock him for a few minutes in my arms and then lay him in his bed. Some nights when he is playful will look up at me with the biggest and best grin I have ever seen in my life. When he grows-up and becomes a man and I become a really old man, I hope I can still remember all of these nights. This is now my favorite time of the day.
We took him to Auburn for the first time last week. We were going to get the condo ready for football season and go to the bookstores to buy him some AU gear, but our trip didn't last very long.
We unloaded the car, cranked-up the A/C inside the condo, and then went to eat. We got back from eating and I cleaned the condo. But, the bad news was the A/C was not working. It was about 85 degrees inside the condo. So we attempted to stay the night but sweat was pouring from our bodies. We couldn't take it anymore and decided to pack up the car and drive home at midnight. We got home safely about two hours later. So Camden's first trip to Auburn lasted about seven hours. Hopefully this isn't an omen for the upcoming season.

No comments:
Post a Comment